GELCOservices is an Automotive Industry Consulting firm,
specialising in Electrochemical Engineering, particularly
related to the testing of automotive batteries, Electric Vehicle
charge systems and infrastructure.
The Company has a fully equipped Technical Laboratory for the
effective Validation process of automotive batteries and other
automotive equipment such as battery testing devices, battery
related accessories, and battery related Metallurgical
investigations and EV charge systems development.
GELCOservices can work with Clients and their battery suppliers
to identify and perform battery Validations to Standards and
Manufacturer Specifications, allowing in-depth client knowledge
of the integrity and performance electrically and chemically of
an existing range battery or a new addition to range battery.
Full and concise reports are issued to Clients, which cover the
following typical test procedures:
- Identify battery ratings as compared to Client
- Weight of battery, lead and electrolyte content
- Specific Gravity, CCA & SOC / SOH on delivery
- Condition battery in accordance with AS2149-2003 Standard
- Perform conductance test after Conditioning
- Perform Sg after Conditioning
- Determine SOH & SOC chemically
- Resistance test AS2149 - Ohms
- Discharge test to C20Hour rate Ah AS2149
- Reserve Capacity Mins. AS2149
- Charge Acceptance AS2149 Amps
- Teardown and analysis of construction or failure cause.
- Dimensional validations
- Electronic Microscope for investigations
- Labelling & compliance
- Complete Product Audit sheet.
- Complete detailed report
Battery testing and Validations can be performed to the
- SAE J537
- SAE J240
- SAE J2801
- SAE J2185
- DIN EN50342-1 Oct 2012
- JIS D 5301 2006
- IEC 60095-1 Nov 2006
- IEC 60051-2
- AS 2676.2
- AS 2149-2003
NEW PRODUCTS & SERVICES...
Portable Appliance Test and Tagging
The current Australian Safety Standard, AS3760 In-service safety
inspection and testing of electrical equipment, came into being
in 1990. Today it almost mandatory to have your portable
appliance and power extension leads tested for leakage and safety
on a regular basis. Appliance Test Tags must be complete with all
required test results and adhered to an appliance after each
GELCOservices is a licensed PAT tester company License no
Simply call on 0407 726 106 or contact us from this web site for a
quotation for your test and tagging requirements.
Battery Testing Rack
Associations & Memberships:
GELCOservices and the Senior Consultant are members of the